Portraits?

Friday, 14 April 2017

Blog - 'It's about time you showed your face around here!'
Carol - 'I was doing you a favour! All I was working on was the graphic novel and I know how much you LOVED hearing all about what page number I was currently working on!'
Blog - 'Oh.' *pauses* 'In that case you are totally forgiven! It really was boring listening to you bang on about what page number you had reached and how many panels you had created.'
Carol - *shrugs* 'Well, I wasn't allowed to tell you anything else cause it's all top secret!'
Blog - 'I know. How goes it all anyway? Or should I not ask?' *laughs*
Carol - 'You will be delighted to hear that it is finished' *beams* 'Completely and utterly finished!'
Blog - 'OMG! That's awesome!'
Carol - 'I know! And just cause I can't resist...102 pages in total featuring 640 separate panels!'
Blog - *laughs* 'And now I never have to listen to you say that again' *does happy dance* 'So, when did you finish it?'
Carol - 'A couple of weeks ago but I didn't get a chance to pop over and tell you cause my Mum was visiting'
Blog - 'So what cha been doing? You working on anything interesting?'
Carol - 'I had a go at doing my first ever proper portrait'
Blog - *jaw drops open* 'I thought you didn't draw people'
Carol - 'I don't! But I had a moment of madness and decided that I would give it a go'
Blog - 'Well???' *sighs impatiently* 'Don't keep me waiting! Let me see!'


Blog - 'You drew you!'
Carol - 'Yeah. I figured it was safer to draw me than to try drawing someone else...you know...just in case it turned out hideous and they never spoke to me again'
Blog - *laughs* 'Wise plan! It really looks like you!'
Carol - 'I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. Don't think it's too shabby for a first ever attempt and I learned a lot in the process of doing it.'
Blog - 'You going to do any more?'
Carol - 'Funny you should ask that. My friend Katie challenged me to do one of her in the same style. Jeeze it was stressful! I honestly don't know how people produce portraits for a living!'
Blog - 'So you gave it a go?'
Carol - 'I did. And it had fingers in it and everything!'
Blog - 'Fingers! Did you turn them into sausages?'
Carol - *laughs* 'No. But I did spend quite a lot of time cursing her thumb'
Blog - *laughs* 'Let's see it then...'
              

Blog - 'Not a sausage in sight.'
Carol - 'I know! Tis a miracle' *laughs*
Blog - 'I like em! I think you should do more!'
Carol - 'Yeah. Quite a few people have said the same. I'm not confident with them...'
Blog - 'That's no reason not to do them you know! And the more you do the more confident you will get'
Carol - *looks at Blog*
Blog - 'I'm right and you know know it!'
Blog - *smug face*
Carol - 'You don't have to look quite so smug about it!'

2 comments:

  1. Listen to Blog - those portraits have a directness and intimacy about them. They don't look posed or self conscious - I really like them. Come on, you know you want to explore portraiture more - nothing to do with the readers of Blog wanting to see more at all, honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhh!! Don't tell Blog that he's right! I'll never hear the end of it! lol

      I would love to get to a point with portraits where they don't terrify the living daylights out of me and then perhaps I could include faces in some of my paintings with would be rather fab!

      Really glad you like them :-) C x

      Delete

Carol is quite happy talking to herself but I think it does her good to have an ACTUAL conversation once and a while! So if you would like to leave a comment that would be incredibly nice of you...think of it as a public service ;-)

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)